Every Service Includes
Tire pressure check
Tightening of lug nuts
Courtesy vehicle inspection
Pep Boys Tire Rotation Service
Pep Boys offers our customers free tire rotation with any scheduled service. Schedule an appointment to have our experts rotate your tires and maximize their life today.
- Rotation of tires on your vehicle to optimize tread life in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendation
- Note: If the difference between the front tire tread depth and the rear tire tread depth is less than or equal to 2/32", a standard tire rotation may be performed. If the tread depth differential is greater than 2/32", the two tires with the greatest amount of remaining tread must be placed on the rear axle.
- Tightening of lug nuts to manufacturer’s torque specification
- Check and set tire pressure to your vehicle’s specification
- Courtesy Vehicle Inspection
Frequently Asked Questions
Benefits of tire rotation by a certified technician near you include:
- Longer tread life
- Even tread wear for all tires on your car
- Improved gas mileage
- Increased tire performance
- More comfortable ride
Tire rotation should typically occur after 5,000 miles of driving or during every oil change. Consult your owner’s manual for the manufacturer’s recommended intervals or ask an automotive technician near you.
Check to see if there is uneven wear between your front and back tires. When you’re driving at highway speeds do you notice a vibration in your steering wheel? If so, you might need an alignment or tire balancing, but needing a rotation is possible. Look to see if any one tire is losing pressure faster than the others. This could be caused by a puncture, but it’s important to determine that more than a rotation is needed before a repair or replacement is completed.
We recommend rotating your tires at the recommended frequency by your vehicle’s manufacturer. Your Pep Boys service associate can help you determine if your tires have any signs of uneven wear.
*** Servicing a hybrid vehicle usually requires removal of trunk access panel for power supply access, shut off and reconnection
A shop supply fee will be an additional charge (except in NY and CA) of 9.99% up to $35.00. Each individual work order will identify and apply any applicable shop supply charge.